Friday, April 17, 2015

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

+ the comfort plate +

I'm not sure how things are going in other corners of the world, but we've been having a quite hectic spring this year. Although I was able to get my vitamin D on a couple of times, it's been mostly chilly and windy. I came up with this recipe in the winter, but I'm glad I can still turn to it when a 0 °C night calls for legit comfort food. I cooked this dish for a good 7 evenings straight and didn't get tired of it. It comes complete with a ton of fiber, vitamin A, plant protein, and virtually no fat. It's ready in just 30 minutes.


This is not even a real recipe, to be honest. It is merely a variety of wholesome ingredients thrown together to complement each other and make a balanced vegan meal. All of it dressed in a tangy dressing to enhance the flavors. Be warned, it is VERY satisfying, but will not send you into a food coma, I promise.

Ingredients: 
Serves 2 generously

500 g brown rice, cooked
300 g frozen or fresh green beans, steamed
1 large sweet potato, steamed
1 can of lentils or red kidney beans, drained
450 g frozen or fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic, grated
'/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
3 tbsp frozen Italian seasoning (can  be dried, or use a mix of your fax fresh herbs)
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dijon mustard
pinch of white pepper and nutmeg

Ingredients: 

Cook your rice, steam your veggies. Lightly saute or thaw the spinach in a saucepan with the garlic and soy sauce. Season the brown rice with Italian seasoning or finely chopped herbs of choice. Mix the last four ingredients to make the dressing. Drizzle on the plated plant based goodness. Chow down! Add some hot sauce or chili flakes to fire it up.






Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just throw on my flanel, get cozy and wait for real spring to come. Stay tuned for some more awesome recipes in the following weeks like: gluten free vegan pizza, chocolate biscotti, and some raw yummies as well. I'm also working on a new tab in the main menu, which should be ready shortly. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

back to top