Saturday, April 4, 2015

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

+ double chocolate caramelized banana oat cakes +

I have big changes coming up and I'm very excited. I can't wait to share more about it here!! To celebrate the event, without saying what it is, I present you this: 


I said my previous pancake recipe was perfect. Little did I know that I could make the Sunday morning pancake experience even more effortless. And yummy. You'll see. Adam said that these tasted like a dessert you'd get at a fast food restaurant. I'm pretty sure I can take that as a compliment. I also made these for my family a little while ago. None of them are vegan and all of them have a sweet tooth. They're very much used to the standard diet, with its over-exaggerated flavors, so it's quite difficult to flatter them with low-fat vegan dishes. They all loved these, except for my very picky brother. Anyway, I'll keep it short and sweet today. Here's the recipe for you.  I used a 2,5 dl cup to measure the oats and the liquid, but I guess the ratio should work with the standard US cup as well.

Ingredients: 
(Yields 25-28 pancakes ~ 3.5")

For the pancakes:
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup rice milk (or other plant milk)
1 medium sized ripe banana
3/4 cup water (add slowly to reach pancake batter consistency)
1 tbsp flax meal
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla powder

For the chocolate sauce: 

6 tsp maple syrup
3 tsp cocoa powder

For the caramelized bananas: 

1 banana/person

Instructions: 

Heat up a quality non stick pan over medium-low heat. Blend the ingredients of the batter and let sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, you can prepare the chocolate sauce. Just combine the two ingredients and stir until the cocoa dissolves in the syrup. It may look like it will never happen at first, but have faith! It will work out just fine. When the pan is hot, start ladling the batter, use about 1/4 cup for a pancake. When bubbles start to form, and the edges seem firm, try to work your spatula, or whatever tool you're using to see if it comes off easily. If it does, flip the pancake. Cook on the other side, until golden (about 2 minutes). Should your batter thicken up while you're waiting, add a spoonful or two of water or milk at a time, to correct the consistency. When you used up all the batter, cut the bananas into half both horizontally and vertically. Place them on the pan cut side down, and turn up the heat to medium. When the pieces start to caramelize, turn them over and cook until they soften and turn golden. Serve, and drool. A little sprinkle of shredded coconut really brings the flavors together.












xx, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

back to top