Sunday, May 24, 2015

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

+ roasted bell pepper sauce +

 Hey guys! Guess what! Earlier this month my boyfriend and I decided to embark on a big journey and moved to another country. We have been planning this for a long while now, and thought it was now or never, so we packed our most important belongings and left the comfort of our home to try our luck in the UK. We have only spent a couple of weeks here, but we both are enjoying the London atmosphere. I thought I would start missing being close to nature very early on, but I am pleasantly surprised that the many gorgeous parks this city offers cure my yearning - for now. Another thing I really miss - apart from family and friends of course - is my little kitchen. I only packed the most necessary things, and I am doing OK with them. I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with a shared kitchen though. On the other hand, it makes me lean towards more simple meals that are normally really quick, which is nice.  I do miss being able to experiment though. Making a big mess or being loud (Hello high speed blender and food processor!) are not really an option. Therefore I had to cut back on smoothies and elaborate sauce recipes. I do have one that I came up with back home, and I couldn't wait to share it with everyone. Whenever I get over my fear of using this new strange oven here, I will certainly make this, 'cause it's sooooo yummmmaaaay!!! 


It is THE perfect dip for crunchy harsh green romaine leaves, but lovely over potatoes or pasta as well. My favorite combination was corn pasta, lightly steamed napa cabbage and the sauce. So satisfying!! So, here's how you make it:

Ingredients: 

2 red bell peppers (medium)
1 tbsp tahini
2-3 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp miso
1/2 tsp dijon mustard 
a pinch of white pepper
1/2 orange, juiced
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder, or 1 clove raw garlic, if you're not planning to go out :D

Instructions: 

Wash the peppers and poke holes in them, so they don't explode in the oven. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast on maximum heat until their skin blackens. It should take about 30-40 minutes. Let them cool a little bit, peel off the skin, and cut out the seeds. Place all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Taste the sauce and adjust to your liking. If you need more liquid, use more OJ. 



Dare to change, dream big and eat your plants, kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

back to top