Sunday, June 8, 2014

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

+ strawberry bubblegum ice cream (homage to the new king of pop) +

So, we went to see Justin Timberlake in Vienna this week. My friend and I queued for about 5 hours roasting in the sun  before we even got inside the venue, and then we waited another 2 hours there for the show to start, but it was all worth it. That man is a true pro. The whole 20/20 experience was impeccable. I didn't think I would fangirl as much as I did, but I was simply overwhelmed by his charisma.  
I originally wanted to call this "bubblegum shake", but then I realized, that not only it tastes like bubblegum, but it contains strawberries, so it felt most appropriate to call it Strawberry Bubblegum Ice Cream after one of JT's songs - especially now that the weather's getting hotter and hotter. 



I made this for the first time yesterday and had my BF taste it, because I was convinced he would like it. I only told him that it was made of strawberries and bananas, but he immediately detected the additional flavorings. Without me saying a word, he said it tasted unusual, just like bubblegum. I was kinda bummed that he did not say all that with a face of delight. Well, more for me, I guess. He is kind of picky anyway. So, if you're into bubblegum and want to have a healthy treat in the summer, this one's for you: 

Ingredients: 

  • 3 bananas, frozen
  • 1 cup strawberries, frozen
  • 1/2 tsp organic orange zest
  • 1/2 tsp rose water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder 

Instructions: 

Cut up your frozen bananas into large chunks to help your food processor. Dump everything into it, and start processing gradually increasing the speed and scraping down the sides every now and then. Make sure you dig up the creamier bottom layer, so that it does not get runny and incorporates well. Serve with your favorite toppings. I kinda wanted to add the blueberries for color contrast and crunch (and also instead of the blueberry lollipop - JT reference). I also had some freshly dehydrated organic cherries from our garden. 

I still have to master ice cream scooping, but I suspect that I don't have the best tool for it. It still looks amazing, doesn't it? I swear to you, it is SO flavorful. Your have to try it! You'll have no regrets, I promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

back to top