Friday, April 18, 2014

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

+ new beginning (free printable easter cards) +


It's been a while since I was as full of excitement around Easter time as I am these days. All holidays seem to be a bit over-commercialized anyway, and that's usually enough to take away most of the magic for me. This time I am hyped up not because I am hosting a big party, neither have I had a big revelation about the meaning of Easter - I like to see myself somewhat of a spiritual person, but I am far from religious.
To get to the point, the reason I am excited is that I get to have a fresh start. I have decided that I will do more of the things that make me feel whole. I will release my creative energy in ways I thought I'd never have the time for and I refuse to sink into monotony. I will spread the little knowledge I have gathered in my close to 26 years of life in the hope that it benefits someone in the world. All those clichés are true: ultimately, we are here to celebrate life, to create, to see beauty everywhere, to live in the present moment and be fully aware of our surroundings. Let this serve as platform for my musings.
Enough of the deep thoughts... I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it was to create this website! Just when I thought I was resembling more of an elderly lady than a girl in her mid-twenties regarding sleeping patterns, designing managed to keep me awake until stupid o' clock at night. Keep in mind, that I am merely a beginner at this blogging business, so hiccups are expected, and I'd certainly appreciate if you let me know about them.
While the days when my little brothers and my dad doused me and my mom in water and/or cologne are long gone (yeah, weird, I know...local tradition), I did manage to dig up my pleasant memories about this time of year after all. To keep it short and sweet, I have created a set of folded greeting cards for Easter for all of you to download. (Yes, I did contradict my initial thoughts there... Call me a hypocrite, but that's what inspiration does.) All of them turned out pretty unique in their own way:

bright and intricate



pun intended


soft and minimal


You may download the small versions here, or the full page versions here. For some odd reason, I can't get the preview to work on the first one, but feel free to hit download. I hope you like them as much as I liked making them. I must say they turned out pretty decent for a first try. I hope you share them with your friends and loved ones and come back here soon. 

Are you excited about Easter at all? What family traditions do you have where you live? Do you also feel springtime bringing about new beginnings? Share your thoughts below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!

back to top